How Does The Pope Take His Coffee?
Au naturel, and “as close to the dirt as possible.”
If you haven’t heard, the Pope is coming to the US this fall season. It’s been said he’ll be staying in several different church properties, parading down several major highways, and arranging coffee delivery from Belforte del Chienti, Italy.
It turns out the Pope needs his home comfort in the form of good java. Tracey Allen, head of Specialty Coffee Association of America, was contacted for the Pope’s special coffee request, and has been conducting private taste testings for several months. It is said that Pope Francis is very selective about his coffee, understanding the multi-faceted process that takes place between production and consumption. Allen reveals Pope Francis is a big fan of fresh and local, so her company has been concocting a specialty “Pope brew” in hopes of satisfying the saintly father on his trek through the US.
So the Pope prefers his blends all natural, straight from the earth, which is exactly what we would expect. But what about other famous figures? Do all VIP’s drink the coffee we imagine them to? Are they loyal to a specific brand, mix or flavor? Let’s find out.
- Miley Cyrus: Non-fat White Mocha, with no whipped cream. Hm. We would’ve guessed extra whipped cream. And maybe some foam .. fingers.
- Nicole Kidman: Grande skim wet Cappuccino. Delicate and whimsical just like the actress.
- Renee Zellweger: Triple Grande, nonfat, extra hot, no foam latte with cinnamon. Taking after her character in Bridget Jones’s Diary, Renee seems to like it complicated.
- Derek Jeter: Java Chip Frappuccino. One of baseball’s biggest heartthrobs likes chocolate chips in his coffee. I can hear the ladies swooning from here.
- Kevin Spacey: Vanilla latte. A classic drink that has stood the test of time. Enough said.
- Britney Spears: Any flavor frappuccino. Britney is bold in all things, from her coffee to her music.
- Reese Witherspoon: Grande almond soy latte. A very girl-next-door drink for the lovely very girl-next-door actress.
- Jennifer Lopez: Green tea. The actress had a case of her favorite brand shipped to her in London.
Coffee has actually become a Hollywood accessory; it’s been largely agreed upon by fashion enthusiasts to add a bit of bling to any outfit. The larger the cup, the better. And it’s not just the size. As you’ve seen above, celebrities like to mix it up. It could be because they don’t have time to wait for a drip-machine, or it could be that, in Tinseltown, you go bold or you go home.
Celebrities are bringing in concoctions we’ve never even heard of, which is great for the experimental aspect of the industry. But we’ll always have a soft spot for the traditional, close to dirt, all-natural coffee drinkers. The Pope may be representative of an older mindset, but there are still plenty of people who prefer “quality” to “sugary”. It’s an interesting split, but as long as coffee’s got both sides thoroughly devoted, it looks like all kinds of coffee drinkers make the industry go round.
For more information on coffee brews for your store or office, contact the Java Geniuses at Quality Express Coffee now.